Sunday, June 29, 2008

Our Dog Tenpin.....

Wed. the 25th of June was a very sad day for our family we had to put out best friend and family member to sleep. Me and Bob got tenpin right after we were married in 94, he was 8 weeks old and a little terror! Tenpin was so much fun and he did the funniest things. Here are a few examples, when me and Bob were going to leave and tenpin was outside it was a chore to get him to come in we would have to leave a trail of food leading up to the door in order for us to catch him to get him inside. Also there was a period of time when we would come home and food would be eaten out of the fridge and we could never understand how it was happening there would be wrappers on the floor pkgs from the lunch meat and so on and so forth it took us about a week to figure out that the towel that was arond the handl of the fridge door had teeth marks on it, he would grab the towel and open the fridge and help himself. Also tenpin loved Mcdonalds every time we went Tenpin would get a happy meal, this went on for about 5 years after that is when Zach was born so we had to budget a little better and Tenpin eating Mcdonalds had to go. I could go on and on about Tenpin we had 141/2 awesome years with him and we could not have asked for a better dog. He will be greatly missed and I know he loved us as much as we loved him.....

2 comments:

Deena ♥ Curtis said...

Poor Tenpin! I loved that dog! It's so sad they have to get old. I am glad you got over 14 years with him. It doesn't make it any easier, probably harder with him being in the family that long. In memory of tenpin we are headed to McDonalds for lunch!

Rest in Peace Tenpin!

Troy and Amanda said...

I can't even begin to tell you how sad this post makes me. I know that Troy and I only knew Tenpin for a short time, but I know how much your family loved him and I know he loved being there with you guys. He will be missed by both of us.